List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: problems compiling kdebase-workspace-4.2.0//yippiee!
From:       sibu xolo <sibxol () btconnect ! com>
Date:       2009-02-28 23:22:20

On Saturday 28 February 2009 02:23:16 pm Eric MSP Veith wrote:
> Am Samstag, 28. Februar 2009 14:25:39 schrieb sibu xolo:
> > > I tried
> > > export CMAKE_SYSTEM_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/X11R7.4/include
> > > and
> > > export CMAKE_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R7.4/lib
>
> For the sake of completness: Those are used as defines for cmake, i. e.
> parametres:
> cmake -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_PATH=....
>
> > I have just discovered if you use the Linker-flags    and    the
> > Header-flags (LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS respectively) in front of cmake.  the
> > build   goes to completion.
>
> Good to read. :-)

Keep you small-minded sarcasm to you self.  Note  when I solved the problem I
made a posting giving the  procedure   so that others   facing the  same
problem   can be helped  My posting read:-

On Friday 27 February 2009 09:24:50 pm Eric MSP Veith wrote:
>Afaik, the CMAKE_SYSTEM_INCLUDE_PATH and CMAKE_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_PATH should be
>used (i. e. modified) in such cases.

When I set these as  EN-VARS    they failed and I reported,   the correct
envars  like so:-

On Saturday 28 February 2009 03:36:15 am sibu xolo wrote:
>  export CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/X11R7.4/include
>  and
>  export CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R7.4/lib
> are done in bash prior to the cmake command
>
> cmake now recognises /usr/X11R7.4  (see below)

On not one of these occasions you saw fit to suggest that
 CMAKE_SYSTEM_INCLUDE_PATH  and  CMAKE_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_PATH (that you
suggested)  were not defined outside of cmake   and     that the correct
version were what I posted at 336 Saturday. Nor did you explain   that what
you suggested    goes after the  cmake command.  You  only chose to do so
with a sarcastic comment after I had solved the problem and reported the
findings to aid other users.

It is  inadequates like you who give open-source a bad name.   If you call
yourself a developer, You should be  ashamed of your self.