List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE3 Session Management
From:       Esben Mose Hansen <kde () mosehansen ! dk>
Date:       2009-02-17 8:47:43

On Tuesday 17 February 2009 08:49:18 Torsten Foertsch wrote:
> With my limited C++ wits I have translated that into: "create a class
> that inherits from KSessionManaged and implement there commitData and
> saveState." Is that correct?

I think so, yes, but as I recall session management functions are only invoked
during logout/shutdown and during powerup. You will need to manually invoke
the save when quitting the application.

If I were you, I'd use the power of the source: look into one of the existing
tray applications (e.g. klipper) and see what they do.

P.S: Out of curiosity: Why a KDE3 app? KDE3 is soon dust, and builds on QT3,
which is unsupported.

--
kind regards, Esben