On Tuesday 17 February 2009 08:49:18 Torsten Foertsch wrote: > With my limited C++ wits I have translated that into: "create a class > that inherits from KSessionManaged and implement there commitData and > saveState." Is that correct? I think so, yes, but as I recall session management functions are only invoked during logout/shutdown and during powerup. You will need to manually invoke the save when quitting the application. If I were you, I'd use the power of the source: look into one of the existing tray applications (e.g. klipper) and see what they do. P.S: Out of curiosity: Why a KDE3 app? KDE3 is soon dust, and builds on QT3, which is unsupported. -- kind regards, Esben >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<