List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kooka tesseract support, also Qt4 support
From:       Kåre_Särs <kare.sars () kolumbus ! fi>
Date:       2009-02-12 12:17:50

Hi,

On Thursday 12 February 2009, Néstor wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Are there any plans of putting tesseract support on Kooka? I have
> heard that there is a lack of love there. I'm planning to use it for
> my ebooks. I have just bought one and it would be good to be able to
> scan a lot of books easily, and also with images and so, and convert
> them to many formats (I have heard that the best for my Hanlin V3
> ebook is FictionBook2). So I'm specially interested in this program.
> If nobody is doing this, I think I can do it myself, and updating the
> code if it's possible. I have knowledge of C++, Qt and so, and I have
> already developed a project for my company with these tools.

Kooka has not been ported to Qt4/KDE4. In stead there is a new library libksane and \
an application Skanite. Skanlite only scans and saves images (so that is not for \
you), but if you check the source code of Skanlite you notice that all the scanning \
related is encapsulated into libksane.

IIRC, Thomas Gillespie was doing some ORC app. Check the archives of kde-devel May \
2008.

It seems he has made kReMail.

You could check that out :)

--