List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KPPP
From:       "Nick Shaforostoff" <shaforostoff () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-19 20:59:02

2008/12/19 Urs Wolfer <uwolfer@kde.org>:
> Btw, I'm happy to see some activity in KPPP since it is quite unmaintained...
actually, since NetworkManager is slowly rising and shipping with kde
plasmoid, I'd also like to ask your opinion:
maybe NetworkManager can/will superceed kppp?

i haven't made the patch yet, but I do have experience in qt3->qt4
porting, so it's not big deal for me.

P.S. I haven't used kppp for years, but today i sucessfuly (and
easily) set up an EDGE connection via Motorola z6 (runs Linux) and
Acer Aspire One (runs openSUSE 11.1 Linux too ;) )
P.P.S. thanks for CC'ing me, as I recieve mailinglist digests.