List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Development with Mono/C#
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-12-02 22:43:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Wolfgang Hammes wrote:
>Am Dienstag, 2. Dezember 2008 17:19:46 schrieb Arno Rehn:
>> 1 binary per processor is a few binaries too much. I want one file,
>> maybe even only a source file, for all cpus.
>
>And I don't want to use any library thats development is in the hands of
> MS and which isn't really free (MS HAS patents on .net). I don't want
> to install mono on my pc and I think, other people don't want this too.

Can we please kill this thread? Right about now?

This has been a fruitless discussion. Nothing has changed in the KDE
policies:

1) KDE libraries are written in C++

2) core KDE applications are written in C++

3) any other KDE application can be written in any language of the
author's preference.

There is a C# binding for both Qt and KDE libraries. There's nothing
stopping people from writing applications using that. And those who don't
want said applications are also free not to use them (see point #2 above).

This has nothing to do with Microsoft, patents, standards, or Novell.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358