List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Folder previes in Dolphin
From:       Andreas Scherf <scherfa () web ! de>
Date:       2008-11-16 23:01:26

Am Sonntag, 16. November 2008 schrieb Jesse L. Zamora:
> On Sunday 16 November 2008 12:21:15 Guillaume Pothier wrote:
> > I agree however about your concern about the position of the previews.
> > But maybe Jesse would like to have a try at putting hints about where
> > previews can be placed in the icons. I think there is some hinting
> > going on in the svgs in plasma, maybe in other places, so looking at
> > it might be a good starting point.
>
> If SVG has that capability, then I'd love to tackle the problem. That may
> just be the answer..... :-)
Why so complicated?
Why not creating a transparent folder image with 2 ..4 image previews. This
transparent image could be overlayed over the normal folder icon, so every
icon theme would fit. No pecial render target for each icon theme which could
cause only some more problems.
And now the question which image to choos for the preview (the oldes one ..
the newest one ..? Maybe both. I think the newest one is a must have to show
tha actual content of the folder. And after that kio has to take care on each
update that the preview is up to date ... or even later.

It would be nice to have such a great feature in KDE ...

Greetings
Andreas