List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 4.2 Toolbars
From:       tic <tic () tictric ! net>
Date:       2008-11-14 10:31:21

On Friday 14 November 2008 09:43:22 Marc Deop i Argemí wrote:
> On Friday 14 November 2008 00:11:04 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > we already do .. this is about defaults ...
>
> What about checking the screen resolution on the first time KDE is loaded
> and decide from there? I mean, if it's 16:9 or 16:10 set the text next to
> the icons, otherwise below them.
>
> As this discussion is about defaults...
>
> Just my two cents,
>
> Damnshock

> >> unsubscribe <<

As I am following this discussion I was just wondering:

When it is so complicated to find the right spot for the text label why don't
we just make the popup label - or is it called 'hint'? - appear quicker and/or
more prominent if desired.

This way especially users with problems with their eyesight could, for
instance, be offered the possibility to _easily_ (not digging for ages in
systemsettings) change the size of the popup and everybody would be happy.

Hm, maybe even make the popup resizeable by dragging it's edges?

If someone still always wants to see what those icons mean without hovering
the mouse over it he can choose the desired position as he sees fit.

Cheers
Manfred