List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Plasma taking 30% of CPU
From:       Julian =?iso-8859-1?q?B=E4ume?= <julian () svg4all ! de>
Date:       2008-11-07 16:15:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 07 November 2008 16:52:24 Jason Stubbs wrote:
> On the bug report, there is a mention of an icon not being positioned
> correctly (covering the clock?) which is what will be causing the above
> issue. It's essentially a repaint loop that I got when developing as
> well - whenever there were positioning issues.
I can confirm that it is most likely a repaint loop. When adding the
systemtray to a panel, for me all icons are painted above each other. That is
the last thing I can see before plasma hangs. When I add it to the desktop, I
see all icons painted, but flickering. I can also click these icons and get
the normal behaviour.

Another thing to mention is, that I can't reproduce this on a machine using
nvidia-drivers. I also have got another machine running without problems using
binary amd/ati-drivers. (I'm not quite sure here ATM, because may be I didn't
upgrade because of the problems on my laptop. I am sure to have an up-to-date
"nvidia-machine".) My laptop has an ati card, I use the binary drivers and
there this problem occurs.

bye then
julian