List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Need printing guidance - header and footers
From:       "Prashant Shah" <pshah.mumbai () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-27 7:33:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I am trying to implement the printing module into a accounting software. I
need some guidance on how to go about it.

I want the company name and logo in header and a disclaimer in footer of
every page. If its a multipage document it should split the page correctly.

There are 4 columns in the database viz : header, logo_image, logo_filename,
footer

The header and footer are in html, so it should compute the correct size of
it along with margins and setup the page accordingly. There should be a
print preview button also.

What will be the best way to go about it ? Are there any ready made classes
that I can use ?

Only thing that I could find is a entry in tracker entry for a feature
request for header and footer for QTextDocument.

http://trolltech.com/developer/faqs/faq.2008-01-03.1879179324