List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE 4.2 and DBUS
From:       "David Boosalis" <david.boosalis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-21 17:49:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

When I run KDE 4.2 ( SVN Trunk)  on my Kubuntu  distribution which is
running KDE 4.1.2.  I am unable to get any dbus notifications from a KDE
application I have created. I have modified /etc/init.d/kde-kdm to launch
kdm from the KDE I have in my build directory which is "/home/david/kde".
Everything seems to run and work except for getting DBUS messages.  The DBus
messages do work in my applications if I am running a 4.1.2 desktop.

Any hints as to what is wrong and possible fixes or work arounds greatly
appreciated.

Thanks
David