List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fix for kfilewidget.cpp
From:       "David Boosalis" <david.boosalis () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-10-17 21:49:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Rafael.
Maybe some one more intimate with kword can address this issue.  I've seen
this problem for sometime with koffice in SVN and that's why I peaked a
little under the covers to see what it is the matter.  Eventually they have
to address it, or maybe it's just my system and this is all a mute point.

I agree with you that null pointers should never happen, but it did, they
do, and they always will as long as you are writing new code.  So why not
prevent seg faults from occurring by doing simple checks where ever
practical, and this is surely a practical case as the code in question is
seldom called

If I find out anything more I will pass it on.

Regards,
David

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 t 2:25 PM, Rafael Fern=E1ndez L=F3pez <ereslibre@kde.o=
rg> :