List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fix for kfilewidget.cpp
From:       Rafael =?utf-8?b?RmVybsOhbmRleiA=?= =?utf-8?b?TMOzcGV6?= <ereslibre () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-10-17 21:25:37

Hi,

> My origonal post has a fix that got around this core dump, ie doing checks
> for null pointers.

I know... but my point is that a 'null pointer' should never happen
there (since d is assigned on KFileWidget constructor, and thus, is
never null).

It would be great some context information on the backtrace (like,
what KOffice code did the call), also it is crucial to know where
exactly on the showEvent() the dump happened.

I prefer to understand the problem deeply than adding a null pointer
check blindly that we don't actually understand why is it happening.

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.