List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror Future
From:       "Frank Weng \(a.k.a. Franklin\)" <franklin () goodhorse ! idv ! tw>
Date:       2008-10-17 14:35:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

Paulo J. Matos 在 2008 年 10 月 17 日 Friday 22:18:01 時寫道:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using Konqueror from KDE 4.1.2 and although I really like the
> browser it is hard for me to use it as the sole browser on my system.
> Things that annoy me are:
>  - Lack of extensions / plugins;
>  - Lack of support for many webpages (ex:
> http://community.eu.playstation.com Playstation Forums)
>
> Now, these are specially annoying when you do need to access the pages.
> The first one is hard to tackle given the amount of users of firefox for
> example, and with the firefox port to QT, things might get tricky for
> Konqueror. A way to go would be to implement the add-on interface of
> firefox in konqueror so that you can use firefox plugins on konqueror.
> Was this thought before and how hard is it?
>
> Btw, any tips from 100% Konqueror users to users coming from firefox?
>
> Cheers,

I agreed with you.   In my opinion even Opera could support more webpages than
Konqueror.  I know that it is not Konqueror's fault (I'll blame the webpage
auther more...), but I also hope to see Konqueror better.  What annoys me most
is google services, blogger.com, and most of the e-bank services website here.

Right now I use FF3 only when I need to access the above websites.  The other
time I still use Konqueror.

By the way, I once read some discussion about google toolbar on Konqueror.
People say that google toolbar is sucked, and we can use gg:// to replace it.
Yes, but it is a bit difficult for me, because most of the time I need to
search Chinese terms, and to input Chinese with gg:// always annoys me very
much.  Can Konqueror 4.1.2 install google toolbar?

Regards,
Franklin