List:       kde-devel
Subject:    PowerDevil and Display KCM
From:       Dario Freddi <drf54321 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-28 22:38:58

Hello everyone,

I've recently implemented in PowerDevil support for screen Energy (aka monitor
suspend, standby and poweroff), a functionality that was offered by the
"Display" KCM.

In PowerDevil it's now an option in profiles, so that it can change
dynamically, depending on the user's needs.

The question now is if the Display KCM is still needed. The only scenario
where it would be still needed is on a system that doesn't run PowerDevil, but
still needs Energy support, and this is quite unlikely IMHO.

I'd like to hear some opinions/thoughts, since by now we're offering the same
option twice in two different manners.

Cheers
Dario