List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: New Modern Download Manager For KDE
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-09-17 15:37:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le mercredi 17 septembre 2008, Sathis M a écrit :
> Sir,
> We are from India. We have planned to do a  Modern Download Manager like
> flashget , Internet download manager for KDE as our final year Project. We
> need your permission and assistance to do the project successfully. We will
> be comfortable if we are provided with the reference materials to submit to
> our staffs. Thanking You.

1) You don't need our permission to write a free software.  (But we might not
distribute it in our base packages if we think the result is not good.)

2) KGet already exist.  There is not much point of starting a new one from
scratch.
You could better work on improving KGet.  (Might be writing a module for it,
or re-work on the interface if you think it is bad)
If you want to write it from scrach, you shoult at least motivate it. What's
wrong in KGet?