List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [FreeAcc] A free accounting software in QT (Alpha release)
From:       "Dr. Edgar Alwers" <edgaralwers () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-09-15 19:19:39

On Monday 15 September 2008 09:52, Prashant Shah wrote:

> Planned features :
>
> - Double entry system
> - Basic stock maintenance
> - Receipt, Payment, Purchase, Sale, Journal, Contra vouchers
> - Reports
> - Trial balance
>
> Mostly everything that a home / small business user needs.

This is exactly a ( partial ) description of the  features of "gnucash". What
would be the "added value" of your suggested programm ?
I very much agree with the idea, that improving the existing programs (
gnucash, kMyMoney ) would be much more efficient  than writing the n+1 issue
of a new one. I do not want to disencourage you, it is just an opinion.

Regards,
Edgar