List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdesu overrides user's PATH with hardcoded path
From:       Romain <romainguinot () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-06 18:13:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

I second that.
I understand the feature from a security standpoint, and i suppose i doesn't
hurt as an added security layer. However, being able to configure it simply
configure it through a (read only,root owned) configuration file would have
helped me in the situation i was in when i originally posted this question.
I am glad it sparked this discussion .

If an evil-intended someone achieves to modify this file by getting root
write privilege, well there's much worse he/she could do than modifying
kdesu's path don't you think ?.

Regards,