List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: knotify osd module
From:       Olivier Goffart <ogoffart () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-09-02 16:46:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Le dimanche 31 août 2008, Ben Cooksley a écrit :
> hi,
>
> i have just completed a knotify osd plugin that uses my kosdwidget
> library to display a osd on the screen. unfortunately because the
> knotify api docs were a bit... empty, so i had to attempt to
> understand what each call was for basing that off the other existing
> plugins. i am asking for someone who actually knows what each call
> does, to review my code and to inform me of any issues :) if there are
> no issues i hope to get this included in knotify before KDE 4.2 alpha
> 1 :)
> ( which also means getting my library into kdelibs.... )

Hi,
This is cool.

I have updated the documentation of the knotify deamon.

your knotify "plugin" looks fine.
Just that it's not possible for user to configure it until they modify
manually their config file.
Or you need to added a way to select that in the knotifyconfig widget (yeah,
that sucks)

Do you have screenshots?

Maybe your OSD could simply replace the KPassivePopup stuff instead of having
two presentation method.