List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Build instructions on KDE TechBase for 4.x release or BRANCH
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-08-29 20:10:24

Michael Pyne wrote:
>> Besides, for those willing to do it, I'd think it's better to have more
>> people banging on head before release cycles kick in, no?
>
> I think this is so we can get closer to "summer in trunk" myself.  By focusing
> more testing attention on kdesupport we necessarily subtract from the trunk we
> *should* be focusing on, /trunk/KDE. ;)
>
> Besides which, those who are willing to do it can still build trunk/kdesupport
> like always.  The new tag would be for those who are tired of having random
> kdesupport modules break their whole build. :)

Er... yeah, that's pretty well what I was trying to say. Don't get me
wrong, I'm *110%* in favor of making things easier for the, er, "less
masochistic" audience ;-), but I happen to be in the "prefers to build
trunk/kdesupport head" camp. As long people don't start telling me that
I *can't* do that, I'm happy :-). (Plus, honestly, I can't say I've ever
been seriously bitten by problems in kdesupport. Sure there's the
occasional build glitch, but nothing that's come anywhere *near*
bothering me enough to want to quit building head.)

--
Matthew
This message is non-smoking