List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to get the icon theme used by kde from a non-kde program?
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2008-08-28 10:13:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 27 August 2008, Dong Tiger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to get this information from a non-kde program so as to keep the
> appearance consistent. Does anyone know how to do it?

I think using out config command line tool it would be this:

% kreadconfig --file kdeglobals --group Icons --key Theme --default oxygen

Which basically means (assuming the default INI-file backend) one of KDE's
config files named "kdeglobals", a group labelled "[Icons]" and a key
named "Theme", defaulting to "oxygen" if the field is empty.

We could probably add a D-Bus interface (if it doesn't exist already) for
doing the same read without external tool invokation.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring