List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QImage conversion functions
From:       David Johnson <david () usermode ! org>
Date:       2008-08-26 16:58:07

On Tuesday 26 August 2008 03:53:32 am Thomas Gillespie wrote:
> Can the same thing be done with QImage functions? The resize and depth
> switches I think I have figured out (and maybe the mono), but the others
> seem a bit more tricky. If anyone could help me out with this, it would be
> greatly appreciated. And don't worry, once my app gets into a slightly
> usable state ill drop it in /playground

Yes, QImage should be able to do it all. QImage gives you almost full control
over images. To convert to monochrome, you would use convertToFormat(). I
think "density" is ImageMagick's name for dots-per-inch, and QImage has
dotsPerMeterX() and dotsPerMeterY(). Compression happens when saving the
image. A quality setting of 100 should do it, but if you need more control
over compression you can use QImageWriter.

--
David Johnson