List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Synchronization software for KDE
From:       "Pascal Bach" <pasci.bach () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-30 20:52:23

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 8:01 PM, Werner Joss
<werner@hoernerfranzracing.de> wrote:

> that is for sync'ing with palm os based handhelds (kpilot).
> I think pascal is rather searching for something like
> http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/Komparator?content=33545

Sorry if I was not clear. My question was not about finding a program
to syn files or mails. It was more of a question if there is a
strategy in KDE how synchronization in general is handled. I think
there should be a base framework (like phonon is for sound) which
handles all synchronization tasks. In the first case this would be
syncing of contacts with a mobile device, a webmail account, or with
an other computer. But later I think of the possibility to synchronize
the whole desktop (settings, documents etc) between different machines
or even different devices.

Here is where I think the Gnome folks have a great solution with
conduit, but before going any further with my attempts to make it
working with KDE I wanted to ask if there are already plans for a
solution or a framework.

> werner
> btw. questions like this on are better asked in the kde-linux list.

It's not a user question, more of a development proposal.  ;-)

Regards,

Pascal