List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Intro Of KDisplay ( Was Introduction Of KOSD )
From:       "Ben Cooksley" <sourtooth () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-30 20:09:05

Hi,

I have struck a bug in qt that does not allow any new qwidgets that
are parents to themselves, to have a subclassed paintEvent(). they use
the default paintEvent() instead of my version.
my paintEvent() does work for the main widget which was created when i
subclassed QWidget

i would also like to know how to retrieve a color from the kde theme.
i searched on api.kde.org but couldn't find a color management type
class. being able to retrieve the font, etc would also be helpful in
terms of kde integration.

ben cooksley

ps: congrats on the kde 4.1 release

["KDisplay.tar.bz2" (application/x-bzip2)]