List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [packagekit] Res: KPackageKit and Shaman working together?
From:       Martin Sandsmark <sandsmark () samfundet ! no>
Date:       2008-07-28 19:52:44

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 08:18:22AM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> Right, so surely you just need to fix Archlinux to have the binary
> builds available? People like Suzy and Graham [1] are not going to
> understand what compiling is or how to fix it when it goes wrong, and
> Bevan isn't going to want to spend time doing it -- after all he doesn't
> have to do it on Fedora or Ubuntu.

Excuse my butting in, but I think you missed the point that Shaman isn't
PackageKit, and doesn't cater to the same audience =)
If I've gotten it correctly, it's more for the "power"-users who don't
necessarily know a lot about Linux or packaging in particular, but isn't
afraid of learning it. Dario, wkai or Lukas might know this better than me
though, I could be way out here.

--
Martin Sandsmark
IT-Komiteen, Samfundet