List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Poll: Do I need to blacklist your app
From:       "A.J. Venter" <aj.venter () datacash ! co ! za>
Date:       2008-07-23 2:05:19

> It's quite simple: this above should never happen.
And it's because of this reality that I felt this plugin was worth it. But I
still want to minimize risk for edge-cases - after all, a user of kde3to4 is
unlikely to be aware that $APP is one of the few (I've so far learned of 4
out of the entire KDE application suite) where this approach does NOT work.

When we can come up with a way to enforce perfection in human endeavor, I
won't need the blacklist anymore, and if kde3to4 actually creates an
incentive for people to improve their adherence to this - that's a bonus -
but in the meantime - I think that the blacklist is needed. Sometimes, it's
just too easy to overlook something, especially when it requires changing a
10 year old habit.

Ciao
A.J.
--
AJ Venter
Linux System Administrator

Tel (direct): +44 (0)20 7421 4520
Mobile: +27 (0)83 455 9978

DataCash Ltd, Descartes House,
8 Gate Street, London, WC2A 3HP, United Kingdom.

Tel:  +44 (0)870 7274 761
Fax: +44 (0)870 7274 781

www.datacash.com

DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential to
DataCash Group plc and its group companies. It is intended only for the
person to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error,
please forward it to info@datacash.com with the subject line "Received in
Error". If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose,
copy, print, distribute or rely on this email or any transmitted files.
DataCash Ltd is registered in England and Wales no. 3430157. DataCash Ltd is
part of the DataCash Group plc. DataCash Group plc is registered in England
and Wales no. 3168091. DataCash Ltd and DataCash Group plc registered address
is Descartes House, 8 Gate Street, London, WC2A 3HP, United Kingdom.

Save a tree...Please only print this page if essential