List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Poll: Do I need to blacklist your app
From:       "A.J. Venter" <aj.venter () datacash ! co ! za>
Date:       2008-07-22 23:42:14

On Wednesday 23 July 2008 12:30, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 12:48:15AM +0200, A.J. Venter wrote:
> > The real question now is: which other apps should be blacklisted ?
>
> .../config/kdm/* - kdm has its own automated config upgrade tool
> genkdmconf.

Mmm, kdm is not in the user data though - it's configs are global, kde3to4
specifically focuses on user settings. That said, a plugin that can CALL
genkdmconf would STILL be nice to add.

Quick question: what is the mechanism KDE uses to tell when to get admin privs
with kdesu and when to use kdesudo ? How could I use this in my scripts ? Or
alternatively - does genkdmconf already know how to do this so I can just
call it with the paths ? (I will read the help docs to work out exactly how
to make it play nice - but this is likely to be a stumbling block)

Ciao
A.J.

--
AJ Venter
Linux System Administrator

Tel (direct): +44 (0)20 7421 4520
Mobile: +27 (0)83 455 9978

DataCash Ltd, Descartes House,
8 Gate Street, London, WC2A 3HP, United Kingdom.

Tel:  +44 (0)870 7274 761
Fax: +44 (0)870 7274 781

www.datacash.com

DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential to
DataCash Group plc and its group companies. It is intended only for the
person to whom it is addressed. If you have received this email in error,
please forward it to info@datacash.com with the subject line "Received in
Error". If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose,
copy, print, distribute or rely on this email or any transmitted files.
DataCash Ltd is registered in England and Wales no. 3430157. DataCash Ltd is
part of the DataCash Group plc. DataCash Group plc is registered in England
and Wales no. 3168091. DataCash Ltd and DataCash Group plc registered address
is Descartes House, 8 Gate Street, London, WC2A 3HP, United Kingdom.

Save a tree...Please only print this page if essential