List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE4 graphics tweaks page
From:       "koos vriezen" <koos.vriezen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-15 14:29:38

2008/7/15 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo@kde.org>:
> On Tuesday 15 July 2008, koos vriezen wrote:
>> I could enable the kwin effects, but they simply didn't do anything.

Oh the blacklist message came from compiz that I tried later. I did
see however 'warning xpress200 detected' when changing kwin effects.

> and plasma/krunner performance?

Plasma was okay, (try krunner later, laptop is packaged). Logout is
pretty broken, desktop background looks scrambled. Scrolling in
konqueror was quite good actually.
Xserver-ati-6.9.0 on AMD turion64, KDE-4.1 branch

Short notes:
You might want to consider doing something about the fade out effect
of the handles. They really distract if one moves the mouse over an
applet to eg click on konsole and start typing.
Fileview indeed much better than one big desktop. But I don't
understand why not go all the way and make it browseble ie a Dolphin
kpart.
You may want to look at taskmanager put vertical.
Talking about fading, w/ Dolphin (fading, which I'm not a big fan of,
tires my aging eyes, scale in is nicer imo), please make these effects
much shorter. Gives a unnecessary sluggish feeling.

Koos