List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Universal charset detection for kwrite(katepart) and konqueror
From:       Rafael =?iso-8859-15?q?Fern=E1ndez_L=F3pez?= <ereslibre () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-07-13 21:45:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi,

> Hi, i have port firefox's charset detection and add some patches to
> kde4.0.85, to make universal charset autodetection works in kwrite(kate)
> and konqueror(all apps use KEncodingDetector).

I have null knowledge about encoding etc, but I will make some comments on the
patches themselves.

> ftp://orafy:public@public.sjtu.edu.cn/kdelibs-4.0.85-cmake.patch
> ftp://orafy:public@public.sjtu.edu.cn/kdelibs-4.0.85-kcodecaction.patch
> ftp://orafy:public@public.sjtu.edu.cn/kdelibs-4.0.85-kencoding.patch

Some comments:

1) We try to keep away as possible from libraries dependency. If we really
need this one, I think there is no problem with it.

2) Keep style (specially for KEncodingDetector patch). No need to add an extra
carriage return for each case: statement. If the style was that one, keep it.
No need to uncomment the break before the "pass through" (nitpick).

The rest seems OK. I can't comment on the technical part of the encoding part
itself.

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.