List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Suggestion about a project workflow system
From:       "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Leticia_Hern=E1ndez?=" <aikurn () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-29 17:11:49

2008/6/29, Michael Leupold <lemma@confuego.org>:
> Am Sonntag, 29. Juni 2008 schrieb Brad Hards:
>
> > BTW: I'm not convinced that you can impose this (or any) kind of workflow
>  > on developers.
>

> I guess we all pretty much agree on that (as far as I can tell from the
>  who maintain the information for those developers who don't want to/can't
>  keep it like that.

Hi,

I'm not a developer, but I'd like to step up and offer my help to that
new team that's been mentioned before.

The way I see it, there are two issues here:

* Obtaining and centralizing information from the development process.
I know nothing about how bugzilla works internally and I've always
found it terribly unfriendly as a bug reporter. Anyway, the last thing
I'd want is to put more work into the coders shoulders.

* Passing the information to non technical users in a clear and
understandable format.
I agree with Anne that the communication with users is reaching a
level of hostility that blows my mind. Until KDE4, users used to look
at their distro's forum and ML for help and discussion. Now they're
looking directly to the KDE project, the source of all the 4.x
shininess. And let's face it, everyone is attracted to the shine,
whether to praise it or to smash it. I think we need to create some
kind of firewall between this users and the developers, a safe barrier
so that our scarce manpower can work freely on whatever
project/feature/bug they have in mind. I see the need for a separate
user-targeted source of information and IMHO TechBase is not that
place.

--
Leticia Hernández