List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Suggestion about a project workflow system
From:       Michael Leupold <lemma () confuego ! org>
Date:       2008-06-29 9:33:17

Am Sonntag, 29. Juni 2008 schrieb Oswald Buddenhagen:
> On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 10:35:42AM +0200, Leonardo Finetti wrote:
> > Anyway I don't see the difference from:
> > - open my TODO file, edit it.
> > and:
> > - open bugzilla/whateverelse and edit it.
> an editor gives you much more freedom to move around stuff.
> an offline tool that doesn't take forever for every single change and
> which doesn't publish every brainfart of yours in real-time would
> certainly go a long way, but it must be really sophisticated to be even
> remotely as usable for editing as a plain text file.

With the new xml-rpc features in bugz3+ we should be able to whip up a really
simple application that makes stuff less tedious for admins. As I agree that
waiting for the site to write every single change to the database I'd opt to
make it work offline and push the changes in batches.

I just checked what new bugzilla versions offer and they seem to have pretty
much everything we'd need:
- milestones
- keywords/tags
- fields we could use for triage
- xml-rpc

I'm still not sure if such a system would be adapted, but I think having
something that's almost as easy to use as a local TODO file while being more
structured is something that will definitely help.

Regards,
Michael