List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: (was "Open question...)
From:       FiNeX <finex () finex ! org>
Date:       2008-06-29 8:30:49

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

> What about an approach which would somehow resemble what seems to have
> worked for code, art, and offline docs:
> * a central team coordinating structuring and all

yes

> * one or more coordinators for each module/section

yes

> * one or more maintainers of submodules/pages

yes

> * contributors with write privs

yes

> * big invititations all over the place to send in "patches", with easy to
> find, dedicated contact addresses for this which can ensure a quick
> reaction.

patches should be stay on b.k.o.

> * Public lists for all discussions in the different teams and
> sections, so newcomers could come and just watch for the beginning until
> they feel confident enough to get active, too.

do you mean mailing list or something different?

> * And being very fast with giving write privs and thus making new people
> better bound to it "because there are in now".

yes

> In the end documentation is code, too, just executed by humans, not
> machines ;) So the development of it should not be the different, perhaps.

For discussion and documentation I agree, there is needed human work, but, for
example, for the current and the planned development status, some work can be
saved adopting a proper tool.

The problem is that I'm not sure of what could be a "proper tool" :-(

--
by FiNeX
http://www.finex.org