List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: [Patch] KPTY and CTRL() macro -> use CFOO constants?
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-06-28 6:57:14

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 03:32:06PM +0200, Ed Schouten wrote:
> 	CTRL('c')	-> 0x03
>
> Because this translation is broken by design (you need the translation
> to be performed on uppercase characters to be correct),

huh? i admit that it is somewhat weird (the asymmetry with CERASE
bothers me), but what is wrong with this?

#define CTRL(x) ((x) & 037)

it should work with both lower and upper case and with the bogus
values passed by the kde code. i venture the guess that your "fix" in
the header will in fact break quite a lot ...

> I heard this code is also present in KDE4.

in fact, it's not ... it is just setting what is default anyway, so i
purged it some time ago.

Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done.