List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Suggestion about a project workflow system
From:       AnneWilson <cannewilson () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-27 21:39:01

On Friday 27 June 2008 21:36:33 Michael Leupold wrote:
> Am Freitag, 27. Juni 2008 schrieb FiNeX:
> > > Tell us clearly what the requirement is, and if it's at all possible I
> > > (and one or two others) will do it.
> >
> > Before decide what to do, I'll prefer to hear what other devs think,
> > actually only few answered :-) :-) :-)
>
> Maybe this could be talked about at this year's akademy as it's something
> that affects anyone. If we want to deploy such a system we'd have to check
> who'd use a feature like that, determine which parts should be in as a
> minimum (I guess parts visible to the user are at top priority) and which
> of these parts' teams can do the work themselves. Then check if the
> remainder of those projects can be handled by the dedicated team (or rather
> how large such a team would have to be). Of course we'd also have to check
> what minimum level of detail we want in these roadmaps.
>
> Apart from that bugz should also provide the means to publish said roadmaps
> to "regular" webpages. (yay).

I'm very worried about the bad vibes coming from misunderstandings, which is
why I want to see a start on something to aid communication.  If I/we can
make a start it sends a signal, even if the detailed work you talk about
can't be added for some time.  I do not want to significantly add to devs'
work-load if it can possibly be helped.

Anne