List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Open question to all developers.
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2008-06-26 19:46:51

On Thursday 26 June 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 26 June 2008, John Tapsell wrote:
> > How about simply adding to bugs.kde.org the closest KDE version to
> > when the bug/feature was fixed/added ?   This can be automated and
> > will be correct 99% of the time.  That way a user can look up their
> > bug/feature on bugs.kde.org  and see what version they need for that
> > fix.
>
> because other users have a really, really hard time finding entries on
> bugs.kde.org. bugzilla's search facilities are very poor and reporter's
> ability to use words that other people woul search on is similarly spotty.

Even as a developer, I must admit that I also have a hard time finding entries
(and reporting bugs). One of the biggest issue, I guess, is that since we
share bugzilla for all KDE applications/subprojects, all bugs are visible,
and that's a lot of them. Even searching for products (which is only
available in the scary clutered advanced search page) isn't allways enough to
find the correct information.

What might be nice (if it is feasible), would be to have the possibility to
have some sort of custom bugzilla for each project for instance going to
http://bugs.koffice.org (or http://bugs.amarok.org, or
http://bugs.plasma.kde.org/ or whatever) would show a bugzilla where only
KOffice applications/bugs are visible. We would still need a shared bugzilla,
because sometime a bug in KOffice is really a bug in kdelibs, or some bugs
reported for konqueror (file preview etc...) are sometime bugs in an other
applications/modules.
--
Cyrille Berger