List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Open question to all developers.
From:       AnneWilson <cannewilson () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-26 19:58:09

On Thursday 26 June 2008 20:46:51 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Even as a developer, I must admit that I also have a hard time finding
> entries (and reporting bugs). One of the biggest issue, I guess, is that
> since we share bugzilla for all KDE applications/subprojects, all bugs are
> visible, and that's a lot of them. Even searching for products (which is
> only available in the scary clutered advanced search page) isn't allways
> enough to find the correct information.

And then, after reading what looks promising, you find that it is a report
that is more than 2 years old, marked NEEDINFO, and got no further.

> What might be nice (if it is feasible), would be to have the possibility to
> have some sort of custom bugzilla for each project for instance going to
> http://bugs.koffice.org (or http://bugs.amarok.org, or
> http://bugs.plasma.kde.org/ or whatever) would show a bugzilla where only
> KOffice applications/bugs are visible. We would still need a shared
> bugzilla, because sometime a bug in KOffice is really a bug in kdelibs, or
> some bugs reported for konqueror (file preview etc...) are sometime bugs in
> an other applications/modules.

It is often the case that the user reporting the bug knows what happened in a
particular circumstance, but doesn't necessarily know what component it
should be posted against.  There will, IMO, always be a need for triage, to
make sure that these reports end up with the right people.

Anne