List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Color Palette Nits
From:       Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2008-06-25 16:46:13

Joshua J. Berry wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 June 2008 13:03:43 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Joshua J. Berry wrote:
>>> Also, if you'd like to see the color scheme I used for this screenshot,
>>> please let me know.  The scheme's major trait is that the Window and View
>>> palettes are (almost) inversions of each other -- e.g. the View's
>>> background is #E0E0E0, and the Window's foreground is also #E0E0E0.
>> If you want to find glitches like this (and it's known that oxygen has a
>> number of such), use http://pastebin.ca/987866. It's ugly as heck, but
>> then, looking pretty isn't the point :-). It's a palette I made with the
>> sole purpose of making role misuse problems such as those you describe
>> visible.
>
> Excellent, thanks.
>
> Which ones are already known?  When I actually do get around to filing bugs,
> I'll ignore those.

Uh... I have no idea :-). There might have been a list on the wiki once,
but there doesn't seem to be one any more. I'd see if you can catch
boemann and/or anyone else working on the style in #oxygen, and see what
the best way to proceed is. Incorrect role uses are usually trivial to
fix. If I had the time to squash them myself I'd want a wiki list, as
IMO having a bug for each one would be overkill (inefficient use of time
managing b.k.o), but others may feel differently.

I do recommend using my "test" color scheme; it's ugly as heck but it
was designed so that each role is sufficiently unique that errors are
not only easy to spot, but so that it's easy to visually identify what
role /is/ being used. (Having that information makes it a bit easier to
track down the glitch in the code as well.)

--
Matthew
.sig hazy, try again later.