List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: apologies
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2008-06-14 5:46:01

Joshua J. Berry wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 June 2008 06:27:18 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> Mark A. Taff wrote:
>>> My biggest issue thus far is the bullying.
>> Yes, there is a problem although I wouldn't go so far as to calling it
>> bullying.  To me, it seems more like a lack of empathy for users.  It
>> would also help if developers were willing to admit that things don't work.
>
> So the roughly-150,000 (mostly-fixed) bugs in Bugzilla are... what, exactly?

Actually, those are mostly closed bugs.  I have no statics as to what
percent of closed bugs are closed because they are fixed, but many are
closed for other reasons.

IAC, what does it mean that 'X' number of bugs have been closed.

That isn't a relevant question to my point; it is a nonsequitur.  The
number of bugs fixed in the past has no relation to whether or not new
software works correctly.

I stand by my statements.  But PLEASE, read the whole paragraph.  The
sentence that is being attacked out of context is an example of how to
show empathy for users.  Users complain because they think that things
don't work.  It shows no empathy to be combative and start off by saying
that they are wrong and that things do work.

--
JRT