List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: apologies
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2008-06-11 13:46:17

On Wednesday 11 June 2008 03:27:18 pm James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Mark A. Taff wrote:
> > My biggest issue thus far is the bullying.
>
> Yes, there is a problem although I wouldn't go so far as to calling it
> bullying.  To me, it seems more like a lack of empathy for users.  It
> would also help if developers were willing to admit that things don't work.

Really? Not only do we admit things are buggy but we fix them. You should see
the number of Plasma bug reports and look how they are dealt with. Those
reports come directly to our mailing list and a tremendous effort is made to
deal with them. Users are asked to provide more info when necessary and they
do so (thanks to you!), bugs are fixed, an incredible number of them! You can
report wished via bugzilla as well.
In fact I think it is the first time in all my KDE life that I witness such an
effort.

James, it is sad that you carry on and on stating that sort of things.

As for the bullying, Mark's first post on the "fork" thread is not what I
would call very friendly and respectful.

Best regards,

Anne-Marie