List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fork of KDE4/Qt3?
From:       "Benjamin Reed" <rangerrick () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-10 1:41:11

On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 8:50 PM, Mark A. Taff <marktaff@comcast.net> wrote:

> I thought I was clear--noone is suggesting that KDE not change, or evolve, or
> implement potentially killer new features and interfaces.  All we are asking
> for is for is the freedom to continue using interfaces that work *very, very,
> well* for a great many of us.

And everyone has pointed out that you can continue to use KDE3 which
works very very well for you until such time as you decide to migrate
to KDE4.  I presume you will decide to do so when the bugs you've
opened describing these regressions in behavior have been closed.

> I agree.  It is quite depressing to have KDE 4.1's release just around the
> corner, and knowing that it *still* isn't going to have a real desktop.

I'm still waiting for my automobile to have real reins.  When is this
horseless buggy going to have proper reins like the old buggies?  ;)

--
Benjamin Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick
Fink, KDE, and Mac OS X development

Blog: http://www.raccoonfink.com/