List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fork of KDE4/Qt3?
From:       "Christopher Blauvelt" <cblauvelt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-10 0:42:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> KDE used to be all about letting you work the way you wanted.  Now we have
> interface tyrants that want to force users to work the way *they* think is
> the Right Way(tm).  I've got news for you--I don't give a hoot how *you*
> think I should work.  I want the freedom to work in a manner that is
> effective for *me*.

Then write it, or pay someone to do it.  In the mean time, you could just
say "Thank You." for the literally thousands of man-hours that an almost all
volunteer group has put into making a new and featureful desktop.  If all
you're going to do is complain, which is exactly what you're doing, then
either keep your comments to yourself or go check out CDE.  They have a
beautiful traditional desktop that I'm sure you'll be very comfortable with.
Chris