List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Using ToolButtonIconOnly as default for KToolBar
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-05-21 8:41:55

On 21.05.08 09:46:36, Joachim Eibl wrote:

> > > Is there a way to just set the default toolButtonStyle?
> >
> > If toolbar actions with text are too large, you have too much text in
> > them and too many of them. The toolbar should contain only very few
> > items with very short text so its fast to find the right item to click
> > on.
>
> Thus I conclude that using setToolButtonStyle() on KToolBar is deprecated in
> KDE4?

No its not deprecated. I wasn't saying that it doesn't make sense to
have a toolbar with just the icons. I was just saying that if your
toolbar items don't fit into the toolbar with text enabled you probably
should reduce the number or length of the text.

Andreas

--
Everything that you know is wrong, but you can be straightened out.