List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: About the GSoC program
From:       Harri Porten <porten () froglogic ! com>
Date:       2008-04-22 11:14:34

Hello Eduardo,

just to clear up one misunderstanding:

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Eduardo Robles Elvira wrote:

> I was told to remove the "improve webkit kpart" idea from the kde gsoc 2008
> wiki because it was poor form for khtml developers, and that very same ended
> being accepted. And that was probably true. Despite that, it seems Qt
> developers voted every project about QtWebkit like crazy and thus probably
> that's why we've got two WebKit related project and none for konqueror. Not
> to mention WebKit as an organizationhas itself their own student slots [1]

There is only one real WebKit project voted in. While it might have
potentially found a harbour among Apple's slots as well I don't think it's
badly placed within KDE either. The other WebKit-related project is more
of a merging type and therefore considered to be very wortwhile for KDE
and Konqueror in particular. I don't think that those two projects form an
out-of-proportion voting result.

Your project did collect quite some votes and it's a bit of bad luck
missing the line that closely. But then, you have left quite a few other
proposals behind.

Harri.