List:       kde-devel
Subject:    RE: KParts 101
From:       Stephen Kelly <steveire () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-04-15 22:24:10

Hi,

I sent this to annma already as the most recent contributor to kapptemplate,
but I decided I'd send it here too in case someone can help. It was marked
as spam by the list the last time I sent it, so I'm sending it again
without the code generated by kapptemplate. It can be generated by anyone
who's willing to help the same way though anyway.

I tried to use the kapptemplate script to create a kparts application.
Running the script generated source files which I would expect on
installing to create a mainwindow with a kpart containing a QTextEdit and
menu and toolbar items for several actions (open, save, save as... and
print), as in the template.

I have hit several issues with regard to this. Firstly instead of copying
the libkparttut1part.so.SOVERSION file to $KDEDIR/lib/kde4,   it copies a
symlink which links to the .SOVERSION file which does not exist. Secondly,
the script should probably rename the .SOVERSION file to .1 or tell the
user to use a sensible number.

Thirdly, when launching the application, it looks for but doesn't find
${appname}_shell.rc. I had to mv this to ${appname}ui.rc and edit the
CMakeLists.txt file accordingly.

I can make changes to the script to solve the above issues, but I still
cannot solve the remaining issue. Actions from the part do not show up in
the shell mainwindow toolbar or menu. The QTextEdit widget appears, but the
StandardAction::Save doesn't seem to be triggered by Ctrl+S, so I'm not sure
it's being loaded properly at all.

I've attached the output from the script and the files generated by the
script if they're any use.

Any chance of help on this?

Stephen.