List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to spawn a konsole from another app?
From:       Robin Atwood <robin.atwood () attglobal ! net>
Date:       2008-03-27 18:37:55

On Friday 28 Mar 2008, John Tapsell wrote:
> On 07/03/2008, Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@attglobal.net> wrote:
> > I want to execute a bash script and display the results to the user.
> > Since the output is very heavily formated, executing the script
> >  in "konsole --noclose ..." seems the most tidy solution.
>
> Hi Robin,
>   I don't know if this is suitable for what you want, but I have just
> added a KTextEditVT class into kdebase/libs/ksysguard.  It will show
> up qt designer if installed.  This is just a QTextEdit with an
> additional function to add VT formatted text.  Some of the VT codes
> will be interpreted and rest ignored (and not displayed).

Thanks for the info but I am currently content with the konsole solution since
now I have it correctly coded. Also, due to the asynchronous nature of the
Gentoo service runscripts, I suspect that interpreting some of the codes will
not be enough.

For those of you with a Gentoo system, my Magnum Opus may be found at
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/KrcStat?content=76631

Cheers
-Robin