List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to spawn a konsole from another app?
From:       "John Tapsell" <johnflux () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-03-27 17:48:09

On 07/03/2008, Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@attglobal.net> wrote:
> I want to execute a bash script and display the results to the user. Since the
>  output is very heavily formated, executing the script
>  in "konsole --noclose ..." seems the most tidy solution.

Hi Robin,
  I don't know if this is suitable for what you want, but I have just
added a KTextEditVT class into kdebase/libs/ksysguard.  It will show
up qt designer if installed.  This is just a QTextEdit with an
additional function to add VT formatted text.  Some of the VT codes
will be interpreted and rest ignored (and not displayed).

JohnFlux