List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 4 Documentation - Have an app that needs doco love?
From:       Anne-Marie Mahfouf <annemarie.mahfouf () free ! fr>
Date:       2008-03-21 17:53:37

Le Friday 21 March 2008 05:40:13 pm Richard A. Johnson, vous avez écrit  :
> Hey everyone!
>
> I just want to toss this out to everyone who may have an application that
> either needs new documentation or updated documentation work done. I am in
> the process of creating a TASKS list that will allow contributors to work
> on some docs in hope of grabbing some new KDE contributors. So if you have
> something that needs work, please respond ASAP so I can get this list
> completed and start work on getting documentation done for KDE 4.1.
>
> Thanks everyone!
Let's see about System Settings - there's need to double check as some docs
are wrongly linked...

1) System Settings doc is still the KControl one

2) kcm modules docs

-- General --
Appearance -> Windows: doc from 2003
Appearance -> Theme Manager: no doc
Appearance -> Colors: doc from 2003
Appearance -> Style: 2005 - seems up-to-date
Appearance -> SplashScreen: no doc
Appearance ->Fonts: doc from 2003, very few things to update
Appearance ->Icons: from 2003 but seems mostly up-to-date

Desktop -> Desktop Effects: Help button enabled but no doc
Desktop ->Launch Feedback: doc from 2006 - OK
Desktop ->Screen Saver: doc from 2005 - seems OK

Notifications -> System Notifications: doc from 2003 - needs a big refresh
Notifications -> System bell: doc is OK

Windows -> Window Specific: 1 typo and doc points to Window Behavior but
describes Window Specific
Windows -> Window Behavior: no doc

About me -> Paths: doc named Paths but describes something else
About Me -> Password & User Account: no doc

Accessibility: doc from 2005  - to update

Default Applications: no doc

Regional & Languages -> Country & Region: doc from 2003 - to update
Regional & Languages -> Keyboard Layout:  doc from 2003 - to update

Network Settings -> Connection Preferences: up-to-date!
Network Settings -> Proxy: seems up-to-date
Network Settings -> Service Discovery: no doc

Sharing: Help button enabled but no doc

Date & Time: to update when the Administrator mode is working

Display -> Size & Orientation: no doc
Display -> Power Control: doc is OK!

Font Installer: doc exists - to check when Administrator mode is working

Joystick: no doc

Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard: doc OK!
Keyboard & Mouse -> Mouse: mostly OK but need to remove Logitech tab
Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard Shortcuts: no doc

Sound: no doc

-- Advanced --
- CDDB Retrieval (none)
- File Associations is from 2003
- Input Actions: none
- KDE Resources: Help button enabled but it does nothing
- Nepomuk: none
- Service Manager: none
- Session Manager: doc from 2003
- Solid: Help button enabled but no doc
- KDM: to update
- Samba: Help button is enabled but does nothing - doc exists, to update

Anne-Marie