List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Wand to help developing KIG
From:       "Ali Khezeli" <alikhezeli () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-03-13 18:10:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello. I want to help developing KIG, so I send you this mail to get your
help and work together. First, I wanted to write a new program. But lately,
I saw that I had to spend much time to do what has done before. So I decided
to develop an already written program. Here are some of my elementary ideas:

   - Add new functions which are helpful for people who study geometry
   for olympiad, like drawing a tangent from a point, the common tangents of
   two circles, the incircle of a triangle, center of mass, the point of
   intersection of the altitudes,... of a triangle.
   - Group functions in packages and add the ability to costumize
   functions. (This is just a suggestion. I don't have much graphical
   experience)

And some of my more advanced ideas:

   - Add the ability to create and save a function.
   - Add a method which I call AutoLabeling, which labels points and
   lines automatically. (This will be helpful for some other functions.)
   - Create a log file, which describes which objects are created one by
   one. This will be helpful for understanding a saved graph.
   - The ability to do all the functions with a text command. This will
   be helpful for saving the data as a text file, and understanding the saved
   data without opening  it. I suggest that this be compatible with the log
   file, so that one can enter a log file as a commands file.
   - This is my most amazing and hardest idea. In geometry there are
   several problems that construct a point A' corresponding to a triangle ABC
   and say that we construct B' and C' similarly. I want to add a function to
   define new points similar to a given point corresponding a triangle or a
   polygon. For example, consider this problem:

Example of a problem: In a triangle ABC, let A_1 be the intersection of the
tangent at A to the circumcircle of ABC with the line BC. Construct B_1 and
C_1 similarly. Prove that A_1, B_1 and C_1 lie on a line.
I will be glad if you answer and help me.
Oh, I almost forgot, I have a problem with debugging the program. If I have
to compile and run the program each time I write a new code, this is not
very interesting! Also I would be pleased if I can compile and run the
written codes in Windows.
Thank you.
Ali Khezeli from Iran.