List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to spawn a konsole from another app?
From:       "John Tapsell" <johnflux () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-03-08 11:58:01

On 08/03/2008, Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@attglobal.net> wrote:
> On Saturday 08 Mar 2008, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
>  > On Friday 07 March 2008, Robin Atwood wrote:
>
> > > *proc << "konsole";
>  > > *proc << "--noclose" << "--nomenubar" << "--notabbar" << "--noframe"
>  > > << "--vt_sz" << size <<      "-T \"" + cmd + "\"" << "-e" << cmd;
>  > *snip*
>  message widget which understood bash formatting. Consider starting bluetooth:
>
>   # /etc/init.d/bluetooth start
>   * Starting Bluetooth ...
>   *     Starting hcid ...                                                [ ok ]
>   *     Starting rfcomm ...                                           [ ok ]
>
>  The left hand sides of the messages appear first, all of them. Then the
>  place! So a konsole seemed to be the only neat way to display the output.

Just FYI, I am planning to add similar functionality to ksysguard (the
process list thing), but querying upstart via dbus for information,
restarting the process etc, avoiding this whole problem.  Most distros
seem to be moving towards upstart (at a snails pace), so this is more
a long term plan.

John