List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Where to start: C++ for students & KDE4
From:       "Alan Ezust" <alan.ezust () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-22 18:48:24

"Introduction to Design Patterns in C++ and Qt4" is a good start in
learning C++ 'the qt way' and also provides an instructor's guide with
solutions, and an overhead slides version so that you can lecture from
that while students follow along with the book.

http://oop.mcs.suffolk.edu has some excerpts, including introductory
c++ material.
It's meant for university students, but it does have some initial
exercises and some solutions to try.

I think students should start learning Qt and write a few apps, and
KDEify their favorite app at the end of the course, or in the  next
semester. Since since KDE4 is so new, I suspect anything published via
traditional routes on dead trees is going to be obsolete by the time
it hits the stores.

--alan